What's a Single Serving Site?
The term Single Serving Site was first coined by writer Jason Kottke.
Essentially, it is a website that is dedicated to one purpose -
typically for the entertainment of its audience. Some are
perfect to forward to your friends in a moment of schottenfreud, others
are internet memes, some cannot be explained.
In wonderful irony, here is a single serving site devoted to organizing
those sites for your fun and enjoyment.
Need to make fun of someone or deliver a
– many great sounds on demand at your mouse click.
hard to beat Nelson from the Simpson’s honest critique. Ideal
to forward at the right moment to your friends.
http://gooong.com – click the button for on-demand
– click the button for an on-demand classic comedy rim shot –
FAIL! hear the sad trombone on command.
– for that certain someone that would rather talk than type to get their
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com – Can’t spell
definitely correctly? Send them here for instructions.
http://khaaan.com – did you just get trumped by your arch
enemy? Delivered as only Kirk could.
It’s only polite, after all
http://notimeforlovedrjones.com – for when you need to get
someone to focus on the task at hand, and not Mr. Spielberg’s wife.
Hmmm…it seems the I’s have it.
http://lalalaa.com – When
you’re ready to join hands and dance in circles.
Upbeat and ready to rock, with a little bit of gay mixed in.
– meant for Andy, but who doesn’t like to hear a simple “Thank You”.
combines thanks with a name creating a portmanteau word, which actually
can save quite a bit of time in the future.
when you just aren’t feeling cooperative.
http://packock.com – a
chicken dressed up saying it’s piece. Good for other chickens everywhere.
http://mfdog.com – let’em know to back-off.
– your subtle suggestion if your friend or co-worker is indecisive.
– Feeling hungry, lunch time!
http://spinningbeachballofdeath.com – can’t convince’em,
– when you need the juice, you need the juice!
http://kickoutthejamsmotherfuckers.com – for when it is
time to rock. Now. Hard.
– for that co-worker of yours that just goes on, and on, and one, and…
http://thedisagreeinginternet.com – for when you are so
wrong, even the internet can’t agree with you.
– nothing says quick like that “beep beep” of the Road Runner.
http://confuses.me – for the
http://dingitsup.com – hi,
network operations, you’ve been replaced by a website. Thanks anyway.
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com – looking for a second
– think you’re bad? You ain’t nothin’
http://lmgtfy.com – let me google that for you, because
god knows google.com has no instruction manual.
– nothing like a nice scream on command, huh?
– here’s the devastating blow to settle who’s the man
Answering your burning questions
– Find out!
cross your fingers and click
– Find out if Abe Vigoda is alive
http://www.didivisitthiswebsite.com – only one way to know
– click away!
http://isparisinjailrightnow.com – in case you are behind
in your Paris news.
– this is not a joke
http://whatcoloristheempirestatebuilding.com – so you can
match your outfit accordingly
– get the answer in 140 characters or less
– I hope the answer does not change
http://sometimesredsometimesblue.com – Take a wild guess
on this one.
http://itsnotlup.us – That
Dr. House is one tough lookin’ SOB.
No need to remember anymore thanks to the internets!
– a good public service.
– rain, sleet, nor snow…
– If it is October, I already know the answer.
– in case you didn’t hear
wait, I sense a strange loop of logic here…
– I don’t think it ever changes
– get it signed by Al Gore and it would be priceless.
– In case you need to skip ahead to see how it all ends.
– a meme about memes…mesmerizing.
– all of you paleontologists can stop now, we got our answer, thank you.
– surprise me!
http://leekspin.com – how
long can you spin?
– da kitahs r q-ts.
http://thingsthatshouldntexist.com – hard to argue with
– I know, I was surprised too.
http://singleserved.com - don't click, you'll wind up wasting a lot
Looking for a hug?
http://barackobamaisyournewbicycle.com – That Barack is a
http://michelleobamaisyournewbicycle.com – And the First
http://zombo.com – I’m fairly sure you are welcome.
http://tired.com – go ahead…they are listening.
– it helps to talk about it.
let the world know who you’d like to marry.
maybe not a hug, but sure feels good knocking down all those dominos
http://kvetch.com – let it out, baby!
http://thebestfortunecookieever.com – the cookie no lie!
– I still can’t get enough!
http://thispeanutlookslikeaduck.com – well, it does.
The Hamster Dance.